Post-Op Instructions Following Scaling and Root Planing
1. Brush the treated area gently for the first day. Do not floss the treated area for 24 hours.
2. Rinse with warm salt water 2‐3 times a day for the first day for gum tenderness.
3. Soft diet for the first day—avoid crunchy foods and foods with seeds.
4. Use Listerine mouthwash twice daily for one week post scaling (2 teaspoons for 30 seconds).
5. Discomfort– for mild to average discomfort use non‐aspirin, non‐steroidal, anti-inflammatories (Motrin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Tylenol, Acetaminophen).